- Wikimedia Commons is a media file repository that is completely dedicated to providing educational media that are released either in the public domain or under Creative Commons license.
- The website may not have a fancy look, but its simple structure allows users to easily find license information of the images and adopt them.
How to search for the CC licensed image in Wikimedia
- The easiest way to search for an image in Wikimedia is using the search window.
- You will see the list of images available matching the keyword.
- Click one of the images. To check the license information, scroll down the page. You will see the licensing information under Licensing.
All images are either released under CC licenses or in the public domain. There is no default CC license, so you have to double check the license information.
Last updated: 05 31 2015