What is Unique?
- MIT OpenCourseWare features the materials from 2,015 MIT courses.
- Many courses provide video lectures and actual recordings of MIT classrooms.
- The lecture videos are downloadable and streamable, and provided with lecture slides used in the recording.
- Full course packages are provided including syllabus, readings and assignments.
- Required readings from most courses are paired with completely free or highly affordable textbooks ($10-$30).
- They extensively support high schools by providing a guide on how to integrate MIT OpenCourseWare resources for high school teachers and students.
- All MIT OPENCOURSEWARE courses are released under CC BY NC SA 3.0.
- This license lets you remix, tweak, and build upon the original work non-commercially, as long as you credit the author(s) and license your new creations under the identical terms.
They made it clear about how they want to be cited.
Schmalensee, Richard. 15.031J Energy Decisions, Markets, and Policies, Spring 2012. (MIT OpenCourseWare: Massachusetts Institute of Technology),http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/sloan-school-of-management/15-031j-energy-decisions-markets-and-policies-spring-2012 (Accessed 12 May, 2014). License: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA