Like YouTube, Vimeo hosts millions of Creative Commons-licensed videos. In addition, Vimeo provides a separate Creative Commons licensed video collection which makes the filtering process much easier.
Vimeo hosts videos released under all 6 types of Creative Commons licenses. To learn how to check the license setting of a Vimeo video, please see the directions below.
How to search for a CC licensed video in Vimeo:
- Go to vimeo.com. They do have a separate page that contains CC licensed videos only (http://vimeo.com/creativecommons). However, the search box on the vimeo.com page renders better results.
- Type the key word in the search box (Choose “Search All of Vimeo”).
- All of the matching videos will appear. Click “Show Advanced Filters”.
- When clicked, you will see the list of filters. Click the drop-down menu under the License and choose one of the CC licenses.
- Choose one of the videos and check the license information.